Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Amazing Autumn

Howdy!

I am participating in a 21 day challenge with Gretchen Bleiler (super awesome snowboarder) in which I use NO STYROFOAM, NO PLASTIC BAGS & NO PLASTIC WATER BOTTLES for you guessed it, 21 days! So far I am staying strong, I lugged around my reusable water bottle & coffee cup in my purse all weekend so I would stay hydrated and be able to partake in some warm apple cider at the top of the chairlift. To my dismay there was indeed no warm apple cider at the top of the chairlift! My husband thinks I am crazy seeing as how I opted for a water bottle full of beer instead of a plastic cup :)


I will keep you posted on the challenge!

In other news...


It's October, my favorite time of year, apple cider, pumpkins, crisp fall days, hoodies....There is only one thing missing this fall...Fall Runs.

I miss running immensely and I can't believe it has been almost 3 months since I have run. I am trying to get out and walk or lite hike but I try not to put myself in the position where I will want to run since I will most likely has no self-restraint and end up making my injury worse. So far so good though!

As far as the hip goes, I had no pain for about 2 weeks up until this weekend. Squatting equals misery for me. Back to rehab on Thursday I go.

I am working out in the gym on the bike and swimming laps in the pool. Hopefully this will give me more strength in these areas come triathlon season. I am staying on top of my training (upper body & core) three times a week and try to get 2-3 days of cardio in as well. Try being the operative word.

I think I may walk a 5k or two and see how it feels to at least get back in the swing of things so when I get the green light I won't feel like a giant slacker.

In other news, I spent the weekend in Seven Springs with my most awesome husband for our 3rd wedding anniversary. We had a blast! I am instantly relaxed when we head up there, it's amazing. It is most definitely "our spot". YAY FALL!!!





Happy Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment