Wednesday, September 29, 2010

A little hip swivel...


So in the midst of working with my sports therapist I am trying to stay on track with an exercise regime. I'm only allowed to do certain exercises so I am working with my trainer 3x a week on upper body and core only, walking 2x a week, swimming once a week, working with my therapist once a week and doing his prescribed exercises 2-3x/week.

I am out of space in my schedule it seems between all of this, regular life (work, teaching, hubby, puppy) and school. I went back to school this Fall! Very exciting stuff and a lot of work, but I'm thrilled to be doing it. I am working towards a degree in Sports Nutrition. (many, many years down the road :)

It's about 9:15pm on a Wednesday, I am finishing up my school work after a long day of work and exercise and I preparing for another long day tomorrow including therapy, work, lessons and school work. I know it will all be worth it when I have that piece of paper in my hand and my hip no longer hurts. I am much more mindful of my movements and what hurts and what doesn't. I realized that the simple act of pushing off and swiveling around in my office chair was killing my hip every day so I have revamped my swivel style and it's made a world of difference!

I feel as though I am not getting in as hard of exercise as I once was training for triathlons and marathons so I have been paying close attention to my diet. Counting every calorie, carb cycling and cutting back on alcohol (minus Oktoberfest).

So onwards I continue! See you the next time I have a chance to breath, or write :)

No comments:

Post a Comment