Thursday, October 15, 2009

Post-Fall Update...

A quick recap of all the blog posts I started and never finished this Fall...typical...

Another year gone by...

October of last year I marched my ass up to the Fitness Trail at Seven Springs just happy to be trying something new. I went through the motions, walked from station to station doing the modified exercises and the minimal reps recommended. I felt good about it after simply because I had branched out and tried something new. There were stations I could not complete and well quite frankly I could have done much better.

Saturday, October 10, 2009, after a year full of sweat, races, successes and failures, I'm back at the base of the Fitness Trail once again. Determined to do better I start off slowly worried about not finishing. Half way through I realize I am kicking this trails ass! So excited I get back to the chalet to tell Jason. It really was one of the most rewarding things I had done all year...next to the Triathlon of course!

Who knows what next year will bring?!


Just Five Minutes More

Every week I vow to stretch a little more. I have to keep reminding myself because I seem to keep forgetting. With all the hours I put into working out and planning meals in a week why can't I take an extra 5 minutes before and 5 minutes after each workout to stretch?

I am learning more and more that stretching is an integral part of my health and general well-being. Keeping your muscles flexible gives your body the ability to perform much better when working out. I am convinced that gentle stretching each day and a regular yoga class would curb me of my mid workout fatigue and keep me going longer and stronger.

Has the art of stretching been lost on me? I think there's still hope for me yet.

A Night out with my Niece...The photos speak for themselves!


.



Chestnuts Roasting on an Open Fire...and I'd rather be running?

I love nothing more than a cozy evening at home by the fire...but maybe I should have to earn it first...

Just 5 minutes away from a great park with spectacular views, I am starting to think about winter runs. Last year I made it into late January before I neglected the brisk winter days in the beautiful outdoors and spent my time on a treadmill staring at a wall.

Just 5 months away from my first half marathon I wonder if I will be spending most of those days inside or training in the cold?

In my perfect world I would have heated running gear, a thermos of hot chocolate in one hand, a bottle of water in the other and still have an extra two hands free. I don't think these things exist, so for now, I can only wait and see how long I last in the cold this winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment