Friday, March 25, 2011

Yum!

So today I am home, still under the weather. This head pressure is absolutely killer! Anyway, I have made myself some yummy meals so far!

I was looking through the recommended recipes in the Self Magazine challenge and found a smoothie with bananas, spinach, flaxseed and soy milk. I didn't have all of those things so I adapted. I made a Berry-Green Smoothie...1 cup skim milk, 1 cup fresh baby spinach, 1 cup frozen berries and a tsp of honey. Blend it up and it's delicious! If I had kids, this is totally how I would sneak their veggies in.



On to lunch...Self has a "BLTA "on their menu for lunch. Whole grain bread, 2 oz turkey, lettuce, tomato, 2 slices turkey bacon and 1/5 of a mashed avocado with dijon mustard and lime juice. I added cilantro to mine and it was a great addition. The dijon was a little overpowering so the cilantro was a good balance. I highly recommend this lunch if you have the time to make a lunch at home and really you could put this together at work if you have a microwave for the bacon and a toaster for the bread. The mashed avocado is great and I can't eat mayo so its a perfect alternative for sandwiches.

I am feeling really great on the food front and looking forward to another day of healthy eating. I as supposed to meet my trainer at the gym today but I think it's best to give myself another day of rest. There is nothing worse than feeling like your head is going to explode and having your heart rate up at the same time.

Hope everyone has a healthy, fit, happy Friday!

xoxo
Krystyn

No comments:

Post a Comment